Thursday, March 08, 2007

Drottningholms Slott

Friday, 22 Sep. Drottningholms Slott


My friend took me out for Drottning Slott where is the residence of the Royal family. It was like a mid summer day. The sun shined strong and the sky was so blue. The castle was located by Lake Mälaren out of the city center. It was called castle, but for me it looked like a mansion rather than a castle. It had a simpler structure to call it ‘castle’, which was actually nice.

I got a sore throat so I bought an ice cream at a kiosk. Don’t you need ice cream when you get a cold? I do. I was just looking at the sky and the lake while eating absent-minded. It was, let’s say, there was nothing special in sight, but it was special for my eyes. The color of the sky, the lake and the trees were vibrant. I can never get tired of looking at, I thought. I can spend for a couple of hours just sitting here doing nothing. All I could say was beautiful, beautiful, so beautiful. My friend smiled a bit. Is it funny? Yes, this might be just normal scenery for you, nothing special…but
‘well, yeah. it is nothing special’ my friend goes.
Nothing special? Do you mean it? This is the view that the King sees every day! Of course it is special!



There were few people around. It was already late afternoon on weekday. We wondered around the site and came to a lawn garden. The lawn was well trimmed (of course!), velvety, looked very fluffy. We didn’t see anybody else. It was all ours. I felt like screaming and rolling around on the grass like a kid. It should be fun. But I am a grown-up, so I controlled myself. Grown up sucks. I just fall down on the grass for a while. I wish I could have taken a nap for a couple of hours at least. But unfortunately it was too late to take a nap. My cold might get worth. I envy the King. Your highness are living in such a nice place. Really.

No comments: