Friday, November 24, 2006

Arriving at Stockholm

07 Sep. 2006



It was the clear sky in London when I changed the planes. Now I am arriving at Stockholm, it is rather gloomy weather. Well, I don't care. Finally I am here, at Stockholm!

Arlanda airport was not very modern as I thought. I picked up my luggage and took the airport shuttle to the city center. I was going to enjoy the scenery out of the window, but soon I fell asleep in the bus. I fall asleep every time I get on buses. That rythmical movement of the buses makes me sleepy always.

When I woke up, the bus was already in the city. It started raining a bit, but it was not too cold. The bus arrived at the city bus terminal which was located next to the central train station. The City Backpackers which I had booked already for that night was supposed to not far from there.

Soon I arrived at the hostel. I checked in, then accessed the Free Internet they offered. I checked my mailbox and found an e-mail from my friend who lives near Stockholm. It said;
Welcome to Sweden!
Yay! Finaly I am here!

It was getting dark, but I went out for a little walk. I headed for the old city, Gamla Stan through the main street of the city center. The little alleys with warm yellowish walls were pretty with the light rain reflecting shine of the street lamps.

No comments: