Friday, November 24, 2006

Cullberg Ballet

08 Sep. 2006 Stockholm






Maybe a bit windy, but it looked the beautiful weather outside. I went out to buy something for breakfast.
Wooooo, it is Freeeeeezing!
Stockholm weather was not too kind.

My Friend planned a picnic lunch near an old castle outside of the city, but by the time we were supposed to meet, it started raining. So we ended up going to a buffet restaurant near his work place. I didn’t really care about anything as long as I was able to meet my friend and there was some food. The buffet looked pretty yummy actually. I always take too much food when I come to buffet. It is bad habit but I guess most of people would do the same thing, right? I went back to the table with dish-full of food and started eating. Chicken with cream sauce, mmm, it is good, then I took a piece of something which looked like potato. ?? It is too sweet. Is this…banana? Banana in chicken with cream sauce??
My friend goes, ‘Why not? It is normal’
Well, it was not too bad. The statistics shows that Sweden ranks high up in the list of per-capita banana consumption in the world, now I know why.

At night, I went to see modern ballet company, Cullberg Ballet. This is one of the reasons I came to Sweden. I hardly saw ballet stages, but I happened to see their performance at Edinburgh Fringe Festival several years ago and I really loved it. I even hadn’t known which ballet company performed at that time, then I found out the company’s name years later. I wanted to see their performance again sometime, and here they are.

Programs at that night were ‘Blanco’ and ‘End’ . Their performances were so unique. They used lots of props, like, heaps of shoes in ‘Blance’, and variety of goods for build a shack in ‘End’. They spoke a lot while dancing, so it actually looked like a play rather than a dance. They even did funny cun-fu performances screaming each other. They made us laugh again. Well, it is hard to explain about performing arts. All I can say is their performance is definitely worth to see!

No comments: