Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pretty Town Tallinn

18 Sep. 2006 Tallinn



It took about 3 and half hours from Helsinki to Tallinn by ferry. If you take a hydrofoil, it takes about 100 minutes. You will reach the old city from the port in 15 minutes on foot. With pastel colored houses and shops, Old city of Tallinn looks pretty cute. Many signs in the city are even cuter.



You might see witches flying on the broom.

Two hours was enough to walk around the old town. Still I had whole 2 days there. Well, that is OK…I just would stay lazy days here, going nowhere, just wandering around.




So I did like that.

There was a big modern shopping mall just outside of the old city. There were many European brand fashion shops and restaurants. I felt that Tallinn was bigger city than Helsinki, just seeing around here. There were heaps of people around.

I expected that prices here would have been much cheaper than that of Finland. Yes it was, but not quite so cheap. I stayed at Oldhouse Hostel here, for two nights. The dormitory was 19 euro per night. It was actually expensive. You can easily find other cheaper hostels in Tallinn, but I decided to stay there because it looked nice and comfortable. And it was.



When I got back to the old city from the new city, I saw a parade. Trucks went on having people in the box. People were jumping around on the back, so those trucks were really shaking. It looked dangerous but it was fun to watch. I didn’t figure out what that for.

No comments: