Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Nuuksio National Park

17 Sep. 2006 Nuuksio National Park



Take a local train to Espoo from Helsinki for about 20 minutes, then get on a local bus to Nuuksiopaa for 30 minutes. From there, you need to walk about 2km to get to the entrance of Nuuksio National Park where you can enjoy 3 hiking courses of 2km, 4km, 8km through the forest and ponds. It was beautiful Sunday, so the parking lot was full of cars. These 3 courses were short and flat, so I would say walking rather than hiking. Families and friends were also BBQing in the park.. It smelled so good!



We went on 8km walk. Those 3 courses were indicated by different colored –red, yellow and blue- posts so that you wouldn’t get lost. There was no wind at all so the ponds were just like mirrors. The forest was pretty Finnish with all conifer trees, but some section looked like Japanese forests with pine trees rooted on the rocks, I thought. There should have been mushrooms in the forest too. BBQ with those freshly picked mushroom would be great! Unfortunately it hadn’t happened there, but I eventually did this kind of BBQ in Turkey. It was fun!



Is my friend a tree geek? She took so many pictures of trees, well, I took so many pictures of ponds. Little sunshine trough the leaves were very tender. My friend goes, ‘I wish I happened to see Jyvaskyla guy whom we met in Kiilopaa, here again…’ Hey, it can’t be you know, but it would be super nice! We could go to Kiilopaa next year again to stalk him. Shall we?



It was the last night in Finland. The next day, My friend would go back to Japan, and I would go to Tallinn by ferry. We really had a great time in Finland. It was right choice not to hop around many places. Of course there are still many places I want to go, and also I want to stay in different seasons, like, in summer for the midnight sun or in winter for northern lights. I wish I could live in different countries for at least one year each to experience all seasons.

No comments: