Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Nils's Path

Sunday, 24 Sep. Mora



Ok, Nobody’s there, and all the shops were closed. What shall I do? My friend recommended me to visit Anders Zorn’s museum. I didn’t know about his works at all, but he is actually a very noted Swedish painter who was born in Dalarna. I have heard that many artists love to live in Dalarna. Maybe this place inspires something. I would see. Many of my favorite bands also come from Dalarna such as The Hives, Atomic Swing, Mando Diao, etc. Well maybe they might have been bored here and they didn’t find anything exciting except playing. Anyway, this area dedicates to Swedish arts a lot.





So what shall I do now? I could have visited the museum, but because the weather was so nice so I didn’t really wanted to go into a house. I preferred to be outside. I just wandered around and happened to find a very pretty path along the river.



Wow, it is so pretty. I would not be surprised if I would see little boy Nils flying on Duck’s back. A Swedish juvenile called Nils Holgerssons underbara resa genom Sverige was animated in Japan and it was very popular.



That was a real pleasant walk. I was just wondering where were all the people in Mora on such a great day. I didn’t see anybody on the path. No one.

I missed the museum. It was closed when I got back. Well, It was OK because I had a great time on the path. I walked in a picturesque scenery but the beautiful day was not over yet.

2 comments:

Mith said...

Hello ~ I just read about your experience in Mora. My grandmother and all her ancestors were born there. Did you hear of the town of Farnas while you were in Mora? I loved the pictures - I've never been, just always heard about it...mostly the people. Thanks for sharing - I would love to see more pictures. Mith

miyuki said...

Hi mith,

Thanks for your comment. Well, actually I have not updated this blog for a long time...I don't know about Farnas. What is it about?
I updated more pics in my Japanese version blog if you are interested.