Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mando Diao Instore Live

09 Sep. 2006 Stockholm



Jet lag! Well, it worked kind of in a good way. I am not a morning person at all, but I awoke 5am and I was not able to go back to sleep. I got up around 6:30am then played on the Internet to kill some time. Then suddenly I got sleepy, so I ended up going back to sleep till 11:30am.

On the day before, I happened to know that Mando Diao would play a mini gig at a CD store in the main street. They are one of my favorite Swedish bands and I missed their outdoor show the night before, because I had already planned to go to the ballet. So Lucky me! They played 4 new songs, ‘The Band’ and ‘Motown Blood’ with acoustic instruments. The stage was very small and the ceiling was quite low. They played sitting on the stools, so they would bang their head if they wouldn’t mind it when they stand up. Then…of course they hit their heads one after another…Poor guys…





After the event, I walk to Sodermalm. If you would like to see the beautiful Stockholm skyline view over the lake, this is the place you should go. The view was very pretty and I never got tired of it. I am a view loving person what so-called, so I can spend a couple of hours doing nothing but just seeing the scenery. Fortunately the weather seemed like going back to summer. I just got lazy for the rest of the day, wandering around and having some coffee at a café watching people. Just to enjoy the local atmosphere is my pleasure of the travel.

I walked a lot today. Feel like having a sweet! I dropped by a cake shop nearby and bought a Kokosball. It was very sweet so it went well with coffee.

No comments: